Taking My Wand for a Nametag

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Chapter 6: I'm basically Dumbledore (aka all my dreams are coming true)

Guess what guys?!?!? My dream of being a wizard is becoming a reality sort of! Cuz guess what?!? Italy is kinda a magical place (I say even though I'm not there yet... but our teachers' pictures kill me) and also we get to wear wool socks in the winter... and all Dumbledore wants for Christmas is wool socks... so basically I'm a wizard and that is all. Also did you know the Naboo scenes for Star Wars were filmed in my mission?!? Yeah so I may get to be a jedi AND a wizard AND a missionary and seriously what more can you ask for?!

This week was also a dream come true because I got to wear outfits that reflected some of my favorite things!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorella Lo Russo and I wore our "Minnie Mouse" outfits and it made me feel like I was in Disneyland which is basically the best thing ever! And then for gym, Anziano Hansen and I wore our Star Wars shirts and it may or may not have been the bestest day ever! And of course I always wear Avenger shirts on the daily (like to bed and gym) so seriously, I'm living the dream! Plus I get my nametag too so it really doesn't get better than this!

Also sleeping feels so awesome because the days are long. However sleeping is not so fun when you have a dream that dinosaurs are going after your home ward's relief society and you're trying to save them all and the Anziani are just sitting on the sideline providing unnecessary commentary and a dinosaur takes a bite out of your leg and then you wake up with a new irrational fear of dinosaurs and a totally sore calf muscle (from the dino bite obviously) so there's that.

Teaching has been going great! We skyped with Italians again. They're darling. We also have continued teaching our investigators for our final few lessons. We got them all committed to baptism which was quite the accomplishment given how difficult some of them were... On that topic, I'm gonna miss our teachers so fetching much!!!! I seriously love them and wish they could just come with us!!!!!! It's seriously so dang heartbreaking!

Funny story, in addition to being a wizard and a jedi and a missionary, I'm evidently also a llama (#yay!) We had a devotional this week that was AMAZING and they were talking about how we can't be "hirelings", but that we must be "shepherds". We need to love the people and bring them back to Christ's fold. Lol Anziano Boscan said "Well we can't actually be shepherds because there's only one perfect shepherd, but we can't only be sheep. Therefore, we must be llamas, because when wolves come, llamas don't run away. They CHARGE!!!!" lol love my life here at the MTC!

I'll be honest, I'm kind of dying knowing at this time next week, I'll be with my trainer in FETCHING ITALY!!!!! Lol what is life?!? Lol I don't think I'm qualified for any of this lololol but that's okay because the Lord will take care of everything! Our teacher Sorella Bucco told us the other day to replace thoughts of fear with thoughts of love. I think that's gonna be what saves my butt. Cuz I'm terrified of what's gonna be happening, but I can love the people! I see how our teachers light up anytime they talk about Italy- the food, the places, and most especially the people! It's seriously indescribable how much they love it!!!!! I already feel so much love for the Italian people!  Like they're just darling!!!!!! I'm super heartbroken about leaving my district and zone, because they are seriously my family now (we burst into disney music, talk about awkward stories, have mini food fights #BananaSlap, ! And I figure, it's only been six weeks! I'm gonna be in Italy for 17 months! And if I can love the Italian people even 1/10 of the amount I love these amazing people here at the MTC, we're gonna be totally set! ;)

Guess what?! The Gospel is true- like isn't that the best news ever?!? And thinking about the people in Italy who DON'T know that truly breaks my heart! I think about all the things that bring me joy (you people, books, camping, movies, food, netflix, disneyland, etc. just to name a few) and the gospel of Jesus Christ tops them all! Nothing brings me more joy, except for the idea of sharing it with the people of Italy! Yes, I'm terrified for what's about to happen and I literally have no idea what I'm doing. But the idea of bringing one soul unto Christ- not necessarily having a ton of baptisms or anything like that, but bringing even ONE person closer to the Savior- that brings me so much joy idk what to even do with myself!!!!!!!!!

Well, it'll probs be 2ish weeks before you guys hear from me (most of you are probs so grateful to get a Kaylee-free week lol) so lemme just say I love ya'll and I love this gospel! And if our plane crashes in the middle of the atlantic, I'll just continue preaching to the mermaids in the bermuda triangle or something hahaha!

XOXO
Sorella Smedley

P.S. Wrote you all a little parody to go with last weeks letter- you’re welcome! :)

When Will My Mission Begin
By Kaylee Smedley (to the tune of "when will my life begin" from Tangled)

6:30 am the usual morning lineup,
Brush all my teeth and make sure my face is clean!
Pick out a skirt and sweater and put on makeup.
Grab a pen, and by then, it's like 7:15!

And so I'll read a verse, or maybe two or three.
I'll add a few new verbs to my vocabulary.
I'll exercize and teach and pray and basically
Just wonder when will my mission begin?!

Then after lunch it's prep work and class and teaching.
Thousands of lessons (and millions of bathroom breaks)
Tenses and conjugations and too much laughing.
And we'll focus (no matter how long it may take!)

And then I'll write some letters if I have time to spare.
I'll mark my scriptures some more, I'm sure there's room somewhere!
And then I'll climb and climb and climb and climb the stairs
Day after day at the MTC...

And I'll keep wondering and wondering and wondering and wondering
WHEN WILL MY MISSION BEGIN?!?


1. Guess who got their flight plans?!?! We fly out Tuesday morning & arrive in Italy Wednesday afternoon!!!
2. Sorella LoRusso & I taking on the MTC Disney style!!
3. Anziano Hansen & I paying tribute to Star Wars- Sorella Stevens “presenting” us?!
4. Sorella Anderson & I that one time when the temple was closed :(
5./6. Class time again
7./8. What Sorella Anderson & I do for fun :)
9-11. Our Romans!! (Aka the Rome Elders)
 

  

   

 

  





































No comments:

Post a Comment