Taking My Wand for a Nametag

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Chapter 60: Wizards Are Too Immature for Museums

Friends... we have spent the entire day at this palace in Firenze. I have zero desire or energy to write emails. Thus, these three following lists will be comprising my sorry excuse for an email🤷🏼‍♀️ sorry not sorry, Italy problems and all that.

What has even happened this week?
- We met with my fav Carolina again! We were trying to figure out a good realistic baptism date for her, but it was hard since she works Sundays. Well, she just called us and her schedule changed so she NEVER works sundays! So we're planning to set a date with her next time we see her!
- We got to do pre-baptism lessons with both Sara (bishop's daughter) and Katerina! They both get baptized this weekend, so we're stoked! They're sooooooooo cute!!
- We met with a heck ton of members this week, really trying to help strengthen them AND help them with missionary work! It's inspiring how willing they are to share the gospel!
- We're working with one of my favorite people in the world right now... I'll share more about her next week though because we are seeing her tomorrow!
- Norca, who has been an investigator for over a year, is finally making progress! It looks like her main roadblock for getting baptized will be out of the way within the next month or two, so we couldn't be more stoked!
- We had concilio (leadership council) on Monday! Which meant a) Sleep over in Reggio with my MTC comp Sorella Fife! b) amaaaaaazing trainings from Presidente and the assistants c) seeing some of my fav missionaries d) ROOOOOAD TRIIIIIIIP from Florence to Milano, and then back! Haha Arndt and I road tripped it with our zone leaders and had too much fun. You'd best believe I created a super dope playlist of Disney and Christian music and everything lol. Anz Young gave me the dj name 'DJ Asmedic' because smeds🙄🤷🏼‍♀️

Pday today was a Palace woohooo. I loved it! Well the palace part at least. There was also a hecka long museum inside. 
Palaces = awesome 
Museums for 30 minutes = fab
Museums four hours = you've lost me
My experience can be summed up in a couple of quotes:
- *sees completely red throne room* Omg its gryffindor!
- "Hey that sketchy guy in the painting looks like Snape!"
- *sees completely green sitting room* Ew slytherin!
- "Are these staircases gonna move or nah?"
- *sees completely gold room* Heyyyyy its hufflepuff!
- Me: "Omg its the golden snitch!"
Arndt: "Yeah no... that's supposed to be the Holy Ghost descending like a dove..."
- *sees completely blue ballroom* Nicely done gryffindor
Basically do take me to Harry Potter world. Also palaces. Probs not art museums though..."

Concilio was the best and here's why!
- Presidente talked about the importance of being anxious without anxiety! I love this principle so so much because it's so pertinent not only to missions, but to life in general! We need to be anxious- we need to careful about things and constantly be working towards something good. However, it serves no one to get overly stressed about it. Maybe by the time I finish this dang mission, I'll finally have learned to apply this idea ;)
- "Christ says, “Give me All. I don’t want so much of your time and so much of your money and so much of your work: I want You. I have not come to torment your natural self, but to kill it. No half-measures are any good. I don’t want to cut off a branch here and a branch there, I want to have the whole tree down. … Hand over the whole natural self, all the desires which you think innocent as well as the ones you think wicked—the whole outfit. I will give you a new self instead. In fact, I will give you Myself: my own will shall become yours.”’ -cs Lewis
- I got to chat with some buds from the MTC during concilio, and it was just fun to realize how much we love the mission. Seriously stuff is still hard. People are frustrating, the language kills you sometimes, and honestly we are pretty inadequate most days. However, I'm just kind of at that point where I love what I'm doing more than anything else. I miss all my peeps and my movies and whatnot, but I'm not wishing I was home. Anz Wilkinson said that people often asked him if he was trunky or ready to be home, and he said "I would be embarrassed if I felt that way". I love that. I feel that. I know that day will come, but right now I'm just loving where I'm at❤

Also, President Allen did a He-Man impression for us. Oh, how I love this mission!

xoxo
Sorella Smeds

1-2  Rooaaddd Ttrrriipp!  3-5Concilio! Saying bye to Anz. Wilkinson & Sorella Williams and seeing my favs Gibbs & Jones

6-10 Combined District mtgs. lol  11-20 Palace Pday!!

               

No comments:

Post a Comment