Taking My Wand for a Nametag

Friday, March 31, 2017

Chapter 54: Shut Up and Take My Money

Hey friendsπŸ‘‹πŸΌ

So much has happened in the last week! It's been super awesome but also pretty tiring, so I naturally have -92574 desire to write emails at all today. Guess that means we're doing bullet points today, plus some pictures (they're each worth a thousand words, right?)
-Said goodbye to MuggiΓ²πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
-Saw Anz Rogers and his greenie!!!!!
-Said goodbye to the fabulous Sorella OrrπŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”
-Met with our investigator Elizabeth and talked about how she doesn't have to decide if this church is true or not- in reality, the answer comes through the spirit. Very good news for us indecisive people lol.
-I'm already covered in mosquito bites. And it's barely spring. Summer will probs kill me. #prayforsmeds2k17
-We got a new investigator Maria! Had an awesome lesson in her car explaining why we don't worship the madonna (classic). We're super stoked to have met her because she's someone really in need of the blessings of the gospel!
-Our ward is awesome!! And our investigator Norca came to church and even fasted! What a stud.
-The daughter in an active family in the ward was baptized, and literally thirty family friends came over! So we got to explain the baptismal service to them, as well as other various gospel truths. Got some numbers and, as one lady put it, "You Mormons are good at praying and food!" Yes, yes we are.
-Sleep over with the senior couple, since we had to leave for Milano the next day at like 6am. I'm still recovering from that one.
-Had concilio in Milano with Presidente and the other zone leaders and STLs! Which meant I got to see Anz Wilkinson, Gibb, and Farneman from my past cities, my bottlebreaker Slla McHardy, and Slla Anderson, Lo Russo, and Perkins from my MTC group! And as a surprise, I saw Anz Jones and Slla Richards (the mission kids) since concilio was being held in their area! Plus, got to meet Anz Jones's greenie! Guess I'm a nonna now?πŸ‘΅πŸΌ
-We've been working on sharing our ward mission plan with the members. It's been amazing to learn more about their conversion stories, and then to help them share this gospel with their loved ones.
-We've also been taking time to plan scambi (exchanges) and figure out what we need to do to help the sorelle we are over❣️
-Pday today was spent going all around Firenze⚜️ have I mentioned I live in the most beautiful place in the world? Because I do. I absolutely love it here. And I wanna spend all my money.

Ok random awkward moment... not that this actually happened or anything, obviouslyπŸ˜… ok so picture this. You're sitting in the park, having a lesson with your investigator. All is going well, the spirit is strong and everything. The sun is shining, birds are singing, and it's basically perfect. 

But...

Then you notice a rather creepy spider chilling on the neighboring bench...

And then, the spider starts army crawling on its web over to your bench...

And slowly but surely makes its way into your investigator's hair...

What. Do. You. Do???πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·

Just asking for a friend, of courseπŸ˜… 

Anyways.

I wouldn't be a proper missionary if I didn't mention that GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEKEND! I'm beyond stoked, and you all oughta be too! Seriously, we are beyond blessed to get this chance to hear from a living prophet and other various leaders called of God! If you haven't already, think of a few questions in preparation for conference. Maybe there's a decision you need to make. Maybe you're going through a rough patch. Maybe you've just got a gospel question. Idk, there are lots of possibilities. The beautiful thing is that we know God loves us, and so we naturally know He does answer our prayers. I'm just saying (not as a missionary, but as awkward lil old Kaylee) that so many of my prayers and life questions are answered through general conference. Literally, what an opportunity! Hearing God's words for you- specifically!-through His prophet. Wow, that even beats Netflix! So yeah, it's gonna be a weekend of stellar stories and experiences, pilot analogies, and crazy awesome instruction not just from random church leaders, but literally from God Himself❤

Pop some popcorn and get comfy🍿

xoxoxo
Smeds

1& 2- Saying goodbye to Rogers & Orr last week  3-6 Concilio ft. MTC group, McHardy & The Fam 

7-16 Pday exploring beautiful Firenze(Florence)

  

  

  
  

  






















No comments:

Post a Comment